Sunday, March 30, 2008

Oh, No!!!

...Not another learning experience!

Actually I am exaggerating. we got some very nice pots out of the firing. Also some stinkers, at least I did. Hubby seems to lead a charmed life in that regard. Here are a few pots just after unloading:


Doug's Pots














My pots. I am very pleased with the toasty brown pieces in the foreground -- it's the pasty white ones farther back that were disappointing. I was hoping for a fleshy salmon pink. That's where the learning experience comes in: I won't be using that clay body naked again. I'll have some better pics of individual pots later, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

5 comments:

Douglas Watts said...

My fingernail looks like Newt Gingrich.

Lori Watts said...

I noticed that but I didn't want to say anything.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there are compassionate family members who would be willing to take those horrible fleshy cups off your hands.

Lori Watts said...

So I shouldn't have a hammer party?

Anonymous said...

You can still drink out of them, can't you?