Sunday, February 22, 2009

Enough Navel Gazing...

...let's see some pots!


Here are the pots from the firing that wouldn't end. It isn't over yet, either -- still have to finish grinding and washing the shelves. There were the expected sacrificial pieces from the exploding kiln pack, and a couple more will need attention due to soda globs -- I used about 50% more this time. But all in all I'm very pleased with the results, and see no ill effects due to sitting, loaded but cold for several days. A couple close up:


This mug is one of the 100, and that great rarity: a pot that emerges from the kiln exactly as I pictured it when I was making it.

I couldn't resist a shot of the interior of the port. So beautiful!

2 comments:

Jerry said...

That mug and vase are lush. Very nice.

Linda Starr said...

Very toasty colors, so glad the firing went well.