Saturday, February 21, 2009

Perservere



I've been thinking a lot about the business of art, as a part of thinking about my life and how I want to live it. I feel like I've got the personal stuff all squared away - seriously, I don't want to jinx myself but I can't imagine any possible way that could get better - and now I want to improve the financial and professional aspects, hopefully at the same time. Anyhoo, I found this cool site called Academic Earth, which posts lectures from the best universities in the world. I started watching their series on Entreprenuership. A lot of what's on there (including this clip) is sort of motivational speaking, but who couldn't use a little encouragement from time to time? I am hoping they get a little meatier, but for now, here's Joe Liemandt of Stanford telling us to stick to our beliefs: that a large factor in success is perserverance.
Academic Earth has all kinds of other subject matter, too. If you ever wanted attend Harvard lectures for free, here's your chance!

No comments: