Friday, March 6, 2009

Sweetheart Mugs


I swore I would not get distracted this weekend, but there are more important things than pottery, after all. My nephew, Sawyer Francis Keenan was born yesterday morning. Sawyer was a month early but all - mother, baby, and father (my kid brother!) - are doing well.

At almost the same time, a friend of ours was found dead in his home, of unknown causes. He was 48.

So naturally I have not been in the studio much. I did manage to finish the last two mugs(above). 

3 comments:

Sandi said...

I have to tell you, I love these mugs. They remind me of what I call sweetheart trees. The grow together, like they are hugging. This just made me smile. I am going to have to try a set...

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Hi! Just catching up on blog reading, so sorry for the delayed response. Anyway, these sweetheart mugs are sweet! Also... I read "The Secret" too, and had the same conclusion.

Tammy said...

Love your pots. They just have a flare. It took me a while to fine what cone you fire at. I have a clear cone 6 that I use as a base that is very reliable for me in ox. I'll find it after work today and send it to you if I can find your blog again.