Friday, February 19, 2010

And Now for Something Completely Different...

One of the best things about being a homeowner, even - no, wait, especially of an old home - is that you can do whatever you want without the consideration of having to undo it later. I like the idea of my home being noticably that of an artist, so luckily my creativity, usually channelled towards clay, sometimes squirts out in other directions.

I got these great switchplates from Lisa Ferrara, the papermaker who does such great work at Ember Grove.
(if you like these, check them out at KRA.)

I really love Lisa's work and plan to get more of these in future; but at $20-$30 dollars each, they will be carrying me out of here feet first before I get all of my old plastic switchplates replaced. I happened to have some ModgePodge lying around (what, like you don't?) so I started going to town with whatever materials I had: gouache, scrapbooking paper, stickers. Next one will incorporate some dried palnt material from the remains of last summer's garden.


2 comments:

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Love them.

Got It From My Mama said...

I really like the light switches they are really different.