Thursday, February 3, 2011

February Goal Setting

  1. Fire off a glaze, next weekend.
  2. Make chowder bowls for Watershed! Their annual Chowdah Suppah fundraiser is coming up, and they've asked members of the Watershed community to contribute chowder bowls. I'm happy to help. 
  3. Refill my glazes. I haen't had a gram scale for a couple of months now, and have been skating along on the glazes I had mixed up, but those are getting low, and I'd like to add some new surfaces to the mix. My replacement triple beam should arrive this week, so no more excuses.
  4. Fill my wholesale orders, and supply my consignment outlets. They've been very patient with me getting the kiln rolling, but it's hard for them to sell pots they don't have. This month I should get everyone stocked up again. 
  5. Here's the great part: I have enough bisqueware now to fill two glaze firings, and maybe start on a third. I can finally stop playing catch-up, and start working on the more time consuming and interesting work that's been kicking around in my head. The topsy cake stands were a part of that, and I expect to be doing a lot more altered, assembled, and highly decorated work for the rest of the winter. 

Speaking of which, we're over the hump! Imbolc (Celtic for "Groundhog Day" [okay, not really]) marks the halfway point between the winter solstice and vernal equinox. Party like a pagan! Actually I just celebrated with some Raspberry Zinger tea.

No comments: