Saturday, September 8, 2012

Missing Picnik?

I know I was. My computer is too elderly to accommodate most image-manipulation sites - specifically they usually want a newer version of Flash, which is not compatible with my old eMac. I have a laptop that runs Picasa, but really, I'm not over-fond of Picasa. It's always creating new folders and opening windows that I didn't tell it to, and I can never find anything. Somehow there are always multiple versions of photos I've worked on, which have the same name but are in different folder. Annoying!

Just today, I found LunaPic! LunaPic is even better than Picnik, in that it is faster. I think there maybe be fewer "special effects" type tools, but I rarely use those anyway: I mostly just want to crop, brighten, re-size, and adjust the color balance. LunaPic does all that, and can even do animation, a thing I might pursue just for amusement. You can also edit images out of Flickr, Facebook, Photobucket, and Picasa.

2 comments:

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

I'll have to check that one out. I loved Picnik and have since been using PicMonkey which I also love.

cynthia said...

My daughter just told me about LunaPic - she loves it! I need to check it out.