Monday, March 25, 2013

Helpful Cat Wants to Help


I have five cats. (Is that enough to qualify for crazy cat lady? I don't know.) My cats all have different levels of friendliness, but this one - the only girl  - wants to cuddle only when I am working. Active work, that is - no way is she going to quietly sit on my lap when I'm typing, but she'll ride on my shoulder all day if I am, say, cleaning the house. Studio work also gets her attention, as you can see in this clip. She'll do that for hours, if I let her - nuzzle my hands, my banding wheels, everything one the table, and then come back to cuddle me again. I do eventually have to put her out of the room, but as I said, it's the only time she's cuddly (with me, anyway: she cuddles her co-cats all the time), and I want her to have some affection.

She also occasionally steps on wet bowls (not too often - she doesn't seem to like the feeling) and rubs against fresh slip decoration. I tell her it's not too late to stick her back under the dumpster where we found her and her two littermates, but she doesn't seem to concerned.

Oh, also: Blah, blah, blah, Kickstarter.  :)



2 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Cute.

smartcat said...

Ah yes, the Helper Cats! I think it's an underground organization.