Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Life Intervenes

I have not been blogging as much as I would like lately. I am still working on my ^6 conversion - the next test is to happen in about a week - and making pots to fill my summer orders. We've had a little life change, however, which has taken some of my time and attention.

My teenage nephew has come to live with us. He is battling a heroin addiction and needed to be out of the environment in his hometown where it was easy for him to get his drug, because the temptation was too great. Heroin is an evil thing which clouds and torments the mind even long after the physical withdrawal is done. The battle is far from over, but he is a valiant warrior. We can't fight the battle for him - we can't even help much. The best we can do is give him a safe place to fight it, and try to put obstacles between him and the drug when his considerable will flags. 

Though its unlikely that anyone he knows reads this blog, it feels like an invasion of his privacy - already necessarily limited - to say much more than that. I still have lots to say about ceramics- I have a favorite frit now, that I can't wait to tell you about, for example - and will blog as time allows. In the meantime, send good thoughts our way, prayers if you've got 'em, and maybe things be alright. 

5 comments:

smartcat said...

Figuring out how much to share on a blog is tricky to say the least. I think your post is just right. There's enough info so we don't think you've fallen off the face of the earth, but no names, ages, places of origin shared.
Toes crossed for huge successes on all fronts! And a new frit?

Lori Buff said...

Helping a recovering addict is no easy task. It makes sense that you'd not have the time to spend on the blog. Best wishes and know we'll be here waiting to read your blog whenever you get a chance to write.

Chris said...

Blessings to you and your family as you work together to help reshape this young life into one that provides internal and external satisfactions.

Sheri Bare said...

Good to hear from you, sorry to hear about your challenge. We will all await your future blogs. Best of luck to you.

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I stopped blogging right after I started because my husband passed away and I couldn't talk about my life without taking a happy pill. I have a teen that's struggling and I have one thing to say - find a group for him that tests weekly. I don't know what I would have done with out this. His old group didn't test so he would just keep using.
I love reading your blogs. Truly an inspiration to us all.